Fees and FAQs


Complimentary Interview

This is when we sit down together and get to know one another.  We will discuss your thoughts and vision for the ceremony and I'll answer any questions you may have. I'll also provide you with all of the legal information you will need.  If you decide at that time we'll be a good fit, I'll gather up all of the information you provided and begin working on a draft ceremony.  This is a collaborative process and we can talk via email, by phone or in person as often as you like. We want your ceremony to be unique and memorable. A deposit of $200.00 is required via email transfer or cash in order to confirm your ceremony spot. Any remaining balance is due one week before the wedding.  If you like, you can check my availability by clicking on this link https://revbonniejasen.youcanbook.me/.  Before you go any further, please be aware that I am not licensed to perform wedding ceremonies in Quebec.

Complete Ceremony Package

$400.00.  This includes all of the preparation, which includes writing a specific ceremony tailored to you, unlimited email and/or phone conversations, rehearsal and performing the ceremony.  After the ceremony, I also take care of all of the paperwork to send to the Government of Ontario and provide you with a commemorative Marriage Certificate.

Additional Fees

Travel, parking fees, extra time and mileage is dependent on your ceremony location, and can be negotiated at the time of booking. In most cases I will charge $50 per hour to travel to and from venues farther than 40 km. from my home.

Elopement Ceremony

$300.00 for the basic ceremony and all paperwork.  In a coffee shop? On a patio? In a backyard? At a friend's house? Elopements are super casual and fit the busy lifestyle. Both parties need to be there and you’ll need two witnesses to help seal the deal, but other than that – it’s quick, easy, and really straight-forward and fun.

Short and Sweet

$250.00.  Do you just want a legal, no nonsense ceremony?  Just you and your 2 witnesses?  This is perfect for those having a destination wedding, or for those who just want a quick legal ceremony.  All you need is your marriage license, yourselves and your witnesses.   I will perform a legal ceremony and will still take care of mailing off the license to the Government of Ontario.

Generally, this will be at my home.  If you want another location, mileage, time, travel, parking fees will be charged.


1. How can we be sure you are licensed?

This is an excellent question. And, yes, I am licensed with the Office of the Registrar General to perform ceremonies in Ontario. You can confirm my registration by clicking https://www.ontario.ca/data/registered-religious-officials  Type my name in the search bar and you will find me.

2. What is a Metaphysical Officiant?

A metaphysical minister is one who lives by the Spiritual Laws and counsels others so they can attain clear thinking in their lives.   It does not have anything to do with dogma or religion. Thus it honours everyone's path knowing that every path is valuable and that each individual aligns themselves in the most harmonious way. A Metaphysical Officiant has undergone training and has received the credentials to perform all Rites of Passage for anyone who wants religious or non-religious ceremonies.  We are licensed by the province to solemnize marriage under the Marriage Act.  All Metaphysical Officiants are required to maintain membership in the Canadian International Metaphysical Ministry.

3. How do I obtain a Marriage License Application?

Marriage License Applications are available online at http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/FormDetail?openform&ENV=WWE&NO=007-11018E You can purchase a Marriage License in Ontario no more than three months prior to your wedding date. It can also be obtained from the clerk of most cities, townships, towns or villages and is valid anywhere in Ontario. One or both of the persons being married must apply in person to the Marriage License Issuer to obtain a license. You will need to bring identification, such as a birth certificate (along with any change of name certificates), current passport, Record of Immigrant Landing or Canadian citizenship card, along with photo identification, for both the persons. The fee for purchasing a license is currently $164.80.

4. We don't live in Ottawa.  Do we need to come to Ottawa to get the license?

No. All municipalities in Ontario issue Marriage licences. You can apply in your local municipality however one or both of the persons being married must make the application in person. 

5.  Do you perform ceremonies in Quebec?

No, I am not licensed to perform wedding ceremonies in Quebec.

6. What if I have been divorced?

If one or both members of the couple are divorced, documentation relating to each divorce will be required. If you live and were divorced in Canada, you must bring the original or court-certified copy of the final decree, final judgment or certificate of divorce to your local municipal office when you are purchasing the marriage licence. 

7. Will we be automatically notified when our marriage has been registered?

No. To have proof that the Province of Ontario has registered your marriage, you need to purchase a marriage certificate. You can order a marriage certificate about 6-8 weeks after your wedding date. The Marriage Certificate is the legal record of your marriage. It lists the date and place of the marriage, and names of the people who were married. At your marriage ceremony, you will be given the Record of Solemnization of Marriage by me. It is considered a souvenir document and not a legal record. As the officiant who performed your marriage I am required to forward the Marriage Licence you signed on your wedding day to the Office of the Registrar General for registration. 

8. How do I obtain a Marriage Certificate?

Although it is not required, I encourage every couple to purchase a Marriage Certificate. A marriage certificate is the legal record of your marriage. You can order your marriage certificate about 6-8 weeks from the date of your marriage. You will have two options; you may purchase a “file size” (which includes basic information such as name, date and place of marriage) or “Long Form” (which is a certified copy of the marriage licence signed on your wedding day).You can purchase your Marriage Certificate online at this website: https://www.ontario.ca/page/how-get-copy-ontario-marriage-certificate-online or you can complete the Request for a Marriage Certificate here: http://www.forms.ssb.gov.on.ca/mbs/ssb/forms/ssbforms.nsf/GetFileAttach/007-11078E~1/$File/11078E.pdf  Then mail or fax the application with the appropriate fees to the address below.

Office of the Registrar General P.O. Box 4600 3rd Floor 189 Red River Road Thunder Bay, Ontario P7B 6L8 

9. When I get married does my name change automatically?

Couples frequently assume that getting married changes a bride’s name. This is not the case. Although either partner may legally assume their spouse’s name, this does not constitute a legal change of name.You must elect to legally change your surname as a result of marriage or a common-law relationship. If you change your name within 90 days after your marriage, there is no fee. For more information regarding changing your name, go to this website:https://www.ontario.ca/page/change-your-last-name  or contact the Office of the Registrar General at 1-800-461-2156